Ryan T. Wood
About Ryan T. Wood
Ryan T. Wood joined Schiller Barnes Maloney PLLC, in 2020. Since graduating from law school, his practice has focused on the representation of health care providers and facilities in defense of medical negligence claims in Indiana and Kentucky. In his fifth year of practice, Martindale-Hubbell awarded him with its highest possible rating, an AV Preeminent rating. He was named a Super Lawyer: Rising Star in 2020. Throughout his career he has published significantly in the area of medical malpractice defense.
Ryan was lead counsel and received supportive Medical Review Panel opinions in the following claims:
- Alleged improper dilation in setting of narrow angle glaucoma. Defended ophthalmologist.
- Alleged improper administration of sodium bicarbonate. Defended pulmonologist.
- Alleged failure to diagnose hip dysplasia. Defended family practice physician.
- Alleged failure to appropriately manage post-operative knee wound. Defended family practice physician.
- Alleged failure to manage post-operative pancreatitis. Defended gastroenterologist.
- Delay is diagnosis of acute peritonitis in post-gynecologic surgical patient. Defended critical care physician.
- Retained foreign object following gynecologic operations. Defended OB/GYN.
- Failure to recognize drug allergy. Defended Anesthesiologist.
- Alleged mismanagement of geriatric patient’s antibiotic regimen. Defended geriatrician.
- Failure to diagnose hip fracture. Defended radiologist.
- Failure to diagnose mucoepidermoid carcinoma. Defended Dentist.
- Negligent credentialing of cardiologist who allegedly placed unnecessary pacemaker. Defended Hospital.
- Failure to remove appendix in appendectomy. Represented general surgeon.
- Failure to recognize respiratory failure. Represented gastroenterologist.
- Delayed diagnosis of central retinal arterial occlusion. Defended neurologist.
- Failure to diagnose spinal epidural abscess. Defended neurologist.
- Failure appropriately care for post-debridement necrotizing fasciitis patient. Defended Orthopedist.
Ryan grew up on a horse farm in Woodford County, Kentucky. He received a degree in political science from Transylvania University. He received his law degree at the University of Louisville where he was on Law Review and served as an Academic Fellow. Outside of practicing law, Ryan enjoys spending time with his family.
University of Louisville, Brandeis School of Law (J.D., 2012)
Member, University of Louisville Law Review
Top Grade: Drafting
Transylvania University (B.A., 2009)
Cum Laude, Political Science
Columnist, The Rambler
Henry Clay Scholar
STATE LICENSURE AND COURTS
U.S. District Court – Southern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Kentucky
U.S. District Court – Western District of Kentucky